Our client, a large group practice located on Brisbane’s Southside has recently created an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Business Manager to join the team on a full time permanent basis. This position will be multi-faceted and will lead the groups growth and expansion with responsibility for operational and strategic practice development, human resources, marketing, IT and basic financial management.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supervision of all medical reception and administrative staff to ensure the smooth daily running of the practice
- Human Resource Management, including staff rosters, recruiting and inducting new staff, running regular staff meetings, managing staff work flows, running regular staff performance reviews and performance management plans
- Developing strong working relationships with the Specialists and affiliated Surgeons of the group
- Preparing basic financial reports in conjunction with the practice Accountant and Bookkeeper (including assistance with debtors, billing and general accounts)
- Business development and marketing
- Implementation of new policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively mentor, manage and lead staff with a hands on approach
- Providing additional PA/EA support to the Specialists as required.
As the Business Manager you will occupy a very senior position within the group and as such we will be looking for a person with a suitable skill set accumulated from several years in the medical/healthcare field along with a comprehensive appreciation for the complexities of working for a large group practice.
You will be a natural leader with strong relationship building skills. Your business acumen will be demonstrated through your prior success in developing and operationalising strategic plans, identifying growth opportunities and most importantly, the proven ability to advocate and negotiate on behalf of the group to achieve favourable commercial outcomes.
A generous salary in the range of $85,000 to $98,000 per annum + superannuation will be offered to the right person. You will enjoy a supportive, open and professional relationship with the Directors/Specialists of this group who will be genuinely invested in your success.
Leaders in Healthcare