An exciting opportunity is currently available for an experienced Medical Receptionist to join our client, a leading provider of anaesthetic services located in South Brisbane. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assist in supporting an existing team of long term staff to ensure the smooth day to day running of the front desk.
Working closely with the Practice Manager, this is a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday (38 hours a week). Some flexibility with hours may be required from time to time to accommodate practice demands.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming telephone calls and directing calls to the appropriate area in a timely manner
- Managing the diary for multiple doctors and communicating any changes to theatre lists with the doctors directly
- Managing daily tasks in conjunction with the Practice Manager
- Entering patient data into Meditrust software and working closely with fellow colleagues to establish an accurate quotation/fee estimates for the patients
- Liaising with a large group of anaesthetists, surgeons rooms and patients to obtain information required to confirm patients theatre procedures
- Managing and maintaining any updates to the On-Call roster
- Checking Medical Objects each day for incoming correspondence and distributing to the appropriate staff
- Assisting the team of Medical Secretaries with follow up of any outstanding patients pre-payments
- General administrative support to the Practice Manager and Business Development Manager as required
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- At least 12 months experience working as a Medical Receptionist (preferably within a surgical specialist or anaesthetic practice)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of patient confidentiality
- Solid organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, professional and effective communication
- Previous experience using Meditrust software would be viewed favourably but is not essential
A pay rate within the range of $25 to $28 per hour + superannuation will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate. The practice is located within walking distance to both train and bus stations.