Our client, a highly respected and established Women’s Health practice based in South Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Medical Receptionist to their team. This is a key position within the practice, where you will take the lead and be well supported by another part time medical receptionist. We are looking for a candidate who can work autonomously and multi-task, who can show initiative and be thoughtful of how the practice can continue to improve the level of service and quality of care to their patients.
This is a part time permanent position working 4 days a week (Week 1 – Tuesday to Friday, Week 2 – Monday to Thursday). You will be rostered to work 8 hour days between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm.
Key skills and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all general enquiries via telephone and email and assisting patients and other external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Managing patient appointments for a variety of consultations, day surgery procedures as well as more complex inpatient/surgical procedures
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Arriving patients in a warm and friendly manner
- Patient billing and receipting for consultations and inpatient/surgical procedures
- Preparing theatre quotations, theatre lists and managing the patients with pre op preparation
- Typing basic medical correspondence using a digital dictation system
- All general administrative and secretarial support to a surgeon.
The expectations from you as a potential candidate:
- You will have at least 3-5 years experience working in a similar role (ideally having come from another surgical specialist practice)
- A warm personality to greet patients with professional clear communication and a polite articulate manner
- Sound knowledge of Genie and billing software (including Eclipse) and Medical Objects
- Proficient computer skills, with a sound knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills with uncompromising attention to detail
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Fast and accurate medical typing skills
- Sound knowledge of Medicare and Health Insurance Funds
- The ability to work well within a small team environment
As this is a busy practice, it is imperative that you are an experienced Medical Receptionist with relevant surgical/private practice knowledge in a similar setting. You will enjoy responsibility and autonomy within your role which comes from a mature minded candidate who displays confidence gained from many years working within the medical/healthcare sector.
A generous hourly rate between $28 – $32 per hour + super as well as 17.5% leave loading will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.