Our client, a busy surgical practice based in South Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced Senior Medical Secretary to their team. This practice has a very busy schedule and requires someone who has the ability to multi-task, manage a heavy workload, work well under pressure and function successfully as part of a team dedicated to delivering excellence in patient care.
This is a full time permanent position working 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday. If you are looking to work within a dynamic team of staff in a welcoming and supportive environment then look no further – call the team at LA today!
Key skills and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all general enquiries via telephone and email and assisting patients and other external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Co-ordinating patient appointments and managing the Surgeon’s diary
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Patient billing and receipting for consultations and inpatient/surgical procedures
- Preparing theatre quotes and booking theatre procedures
- Typing basic medical correspondence using a digital dictation system
- All general administrative and secretarial support to a surgeon.
The expectations from you as a potential candidate:
- You will have at least 3-5 years experience working in a similar role (ideally having come from another surgical specialist practice)
- A warm personality to greet patients with professional clear communication and a polite articulate manner
- Sound knowledge of Genie and billing software (including Eclipse), Medical Objects, Medicare, DVA and Workcover billing
- Proficient computer skills, with a sound knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills with uncompromising attention to detail
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- The ability to work well within a small team environment
To ensure your success for this position, you need to be a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a positive ‘can do’ attitude towards your work.
A generous hourly rate as well as paid staff parking will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.