Privacy Collection Statement
We will need to collect personal information about you.
Personal information may range from the sensitive (eg; relevant medical history or criminal history) to the everyday (eg; address and phone number). We may collect the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information in connection with your possible work placements.
We will only collect information that is necessary for the performance of our functions or activities.
We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination. We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal information will be collected by LA Medical Recruitment Pty Ltd (ABN ) Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre, 225 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill for its own use and on behalf of other members of the LA Medical Recruitment Group who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements. Group means:
- The Company;
- Any related company (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001, Australia or the Companies Act 1993, New Zealand);
- Any entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with, the Company; and
- Any other entity that is connected with the Company or any other member of the Group by a common interest in an economic enterprise, for example a partner of another member of a joint venture.
Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact:
Cathy Litton during normal office hours which are 8am to 5pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
T: 1300 434 133
F: (07) 3831 8540
If you need to contact us about your personal or sensitive information urgently outside normal office hours, you should contact Cathy Litton on 0422 888 040.
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, who maybe in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered. If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health and safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, law relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying.
The following laws require or authorise our collection of personal information from you:
- Migration Act 1958 (Aust) and Migration Regulations 1994 (Aust)
- Private Employment Agents (Code of Conduct) Regulation 2005 (Qld, Aust)
- Immigration Act 1995 (New Zealand)
- Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004
There may be cases where our duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs (eg; some professional registration legislation may require the collection of certain types of information).
When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- We might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions.
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- Our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- The necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, CV, nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities. Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it.
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your performance appraisals
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Our identification of your training needs;
- Suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us;
- Any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Any reference that we may give concerning your work;
- Our statutory compliance obligations;
Your personal information may be disclosed to..
- Potential and actual employers and clients of LA Medical Recruitment
- Other members of the LA Medical Recruitment Group
- A person who seeks a reference about you
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- Workers Compensation body in Australia;
- Our contractors and suppliers – eg; out IT contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers;
- A parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong